It took a while....

David

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidbazlinton.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This image was taken on Leith Hill in Surrey last year. I initially saw the wood sculpture in September 2005, but wanted to get the sun coming through the top aperture. A series of walks with the dogs and watching the position of the sun, and by November I reckoned it would be low enough in the sky during the afternoon. Unfortunately the english November weather was true to form for most of the month, and the skies remained resolutely overcast. However on one freezing cold day the sky cleared, and remained so into the afternoon, so I trogged up the hill and waited almost patiently for an hour or so. I then had a 20-30 second window for the shot, and this is the result. The full size image is around 15Mb so this is the scaled down version.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a reflector and so the bottom is a little too dark for my liking, although it seems worse online than when printed.

sculpture2_small.jpg

I think I should clone out the vapour trail from the aircraft on the left hand side as it's a little distracting.

David

Most reactions

Back