Itasha in its Natural Habitat; Akihabara, Japan

Silchuki14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Follow-up of this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...t-attempt-night-cityscape-yokohama-japan.html

(Title should be "Noob, second time at Night Photography" but it wasn't original.)

$17102013-DSC03348.jpg
Sony SLT-A37 w/ Sony 18-55mm 4.5-5.6 lens
ISO1600 - 18mm - f/11 - 1/30sec *Hand-held

I was not out with the goal of doing photography, but I had my camera "just in case" for the first time. I think it was worth it. Also, I was lucky, although I would like the car to be a little more toward the center (juste a little bit) because I feel its too close to the edge of the picture. It was hand-held and PPed in LR5 with the basic knowledge I have.

Let me know what you think, I listened to comment on my last thread and it worked, but it can probably be a lot better than this.

Some background to justify the title:

Akihabara (秋葉原), also called Akiba after a former local shrine, is a district in central Tokyo, that is famous for its many electronics shops. In more recent years, Akihabara has gained recognition as the center of Japan's otaku (diehard fan) culture, and many shops and establishments devoted to anime and manga are now dispersed among the electronic stores in the district.
Source: Japan-Guide.com

Itasha (痛車), literally "painful car", is a Japanese term for an otaku fad of individuals decorating the bodies of their cars with fictional characters of anime, manga, or video games (especiallybishōjo game or eroge). These characters are predominately "cute" female. The decorations usually involve paint schemes and stickers
Source: Wikipedia

Thanks

oh...japan...and akihabara...and tokio and.....everything else in japan :lovey:
I was there a few years ago, for a month and a half. great experience!
amazing country, different from all others

Tokyo is just too frenetic for me, all the lights and signs give me a headache.
Kyoto is more my speed.

Image is quite nice and well within bounds to adjust car to be a better center of interest.

First shot at it.

17102013-DSC03348sharp.jpg~original

Tokyo is just too frenetic for me, all the lights and signs give me a headache.
Kyoto is more my speed.

Kyoto is just....have no words to express exactly what I felt being there. Out of all the places in Japan, Kyoto is the most beautiful and has different energy then other cities.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back