What's new

its a ball. does this look in focus to you?

  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #2
okay..i have a reason im asking this guys. just tell me what you think of the ball. k? This isn't a trick question.
 
Looks to be in focus, yes, but the resolution or clarity is not very high.
 
Depends what you're focusing on. Horrible shot of the kid in the background. :lol:
 
Yup looks good. Now go stand next to it and take your selfie.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #8
Looks to be in focus, yes, but the resolution or clarity is not very high.
thanks. pretty much what I was thinking. Consider it testing. Going through some stuff and not happy with the occasional one. It was taken on jpeg norm near the end of a lens focal length. Trying to figure out what to avoid, guessing in this case maybe both are contributors? kind of nutty having a certain range lens and not being able to use the entire range.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #9
^^^ what he said

Also, it's not just a ball. It's a ball ... on a string :)
yeah. Started doing that years ago. Put a line through the ball, run it over a tree branch. Put a hook on the tree. you can raise the ball up and down wrapping it around the hook or the entire tree for large distance changes. Kids use it for everything from tball and tennis rackets to karate trying to kick and avoid it when it comes back. And well, me with camera use. Good ball. Only thing that sucks is ive lost track of how many times one got stuck in the tree.
 
this was the 18-140. Goes to crap when I get toward the 140 end.
 
I think part of the displeasure in the shot is the competing elements. I know you are just doing testing, but the super bright highlights in the background elements are so attention grabbing, it is hard to pay attention to the ball. I it possible to set up with more contrast on the ball and less competition in the background?
 
I think part of the displeasure in the shot is the competing elements. I know you are just doing testing, but the super bright highlights in the background elements are so attention grabbing, it is hard to pay attention to the ball. I it possible to set up with more contrast on the ball and less competition in the background?
yes.
And im doing lens testing with a tennis ball. Call me a nut, its okay I probably am.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom