IT'S ALIVE!!! My 300D is back from the brink!

LCARSx32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lcarsx32.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I posted yesterday how my camera's secondary mirror was failing to flip up when taking pictures, causing the pictures to be mostly black as the mirror hung down over the image sensor. After some research, I found out it was a small plastic pin that had broke. Luckily I was able to replace the plastic pin with a length of copper wire and the camera's back to 100% functional.

Tearing apart a 300D is a chore! To remove the LCD screen you have to unsolder a tab, and to remove the main board, you have to unsolder 4 tabs! And, of course, the location of the pin I had to replace was directly under the flash's capacitor. You can't move those things without shocking yourself. It's impossible.

Not to mention how they hide screws in impossible-to-get-to locations.

But... it's done. And working.

Awesome dude, congrats!

Excellent!!(spoken like Mr. Burns)

I've got a slight clicking noise in my engine compartment...what say you come on over and take a look at it, see if you can fix it? Beer afterwards is on me!

Thanks guys. I just might have to buy a replacement shutter for my other 300D. I can't imagine it'd be much harder to replace. Then my sister would have a DSLR to use, lol. Anyone have a dead 300D with a good shutter?

Hey Derrel, have you checked the operator valve. I always seem to have problems with mine. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back