What's new

It's Been a While but I'm Back! C&C por favor

ncstater1919

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
It's been about 6 months since I've posted anything but I just wanted you guys to look at some of the photos I've taken recently. I'm no professional (which is why I'm in the beginners section I suppose) But I do love photography and hope to be gradually progressing

so C&C please!!

1.
DSC_0522-1.jpg


2.
DSC_0122.jpg


3.
DSC_0024-1.jpg


4.
DSC_0008-1.jpg


5.
DSC_0007-1.jpg


6.
DSC_0005.jpg


7.
DSC_0067.jpg


8.
DSC_0024.jpg


9.
DSC_0009-1.jpg


10.
DSC_0002-1.jpg


Thanks everyone for looking, any comments are welcome!
-Spencer
 
Just a note, you might expect a few more responses if you only post 2-4 pictures. But here we go...

1. I like it.
2. I love it, the composition, the bokeh, its sick.
3. Had no visual impact for me, also seemed blurred or OOF.
4. I think this one would have been a little better with the focus on the face; to me it seemed a little OOF.
5. It's nice but I find the power lines a little distracting.
6. Like it.
7. Not one of my favs.
8. I think it might have been better if you used the masonry a little more to get a little more sense of size or distance.
9. Pretty good I'm just not too fond of the ant being centered. That stringy thing in the bottom left is a little distracting as well.
10. Would be better if the trunk had a little fill lighting on it or was at least brighter.
 
I like #1 and found it amusing "chillin with my Gnome". lol #2, 3, & 4 are out of focus. #5 also seems to be a bit out of focus, but I like it just the same. #6 i don't like, #7 I find interesting and nicely composed, but its a shame the person on the left is not as well exposed as the person on the right. #8 I think would be better if you cropped it closer as the brick background is a bit distracting from the small snail. #9 is too out of focus to appreciate the size scale of the ant on the tree and #10 isn't all that interesting, but the focus is good.
 
Hi thanks for the comments everyone I'll make sure to only post a few pictures next time!

While I agree with most that was said, I don't agree that 4 is OOF. the entire point was to focus in on the shoe and for the backround to be like that. Also the point of number 7 was to have the shadow on her and her being less exposed than the girl on the right.

Idk I'm still a beginner and learning daily about photography so I appreciate all of the advice given

flems what does "bokeh" mean?
 
While I agree with most that was said, I don't agree that 4 is OOF. the entire point was to focus in on the shoe and for the backround to be like that.

I think Flems meant the shoe was a bit out of focus, which I agree.
 
ok I honestly couldnt even tell that they were OOF but I appreciate the advice and will try and work on that. I honestly think its because I used autofocus on those since they were from a while back when I didnt use manual that much but I have begun using manual more.

thanks for the compliements on the bokah, ill make sure to use this photography jargon more often hah
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom