It's official...

illuminating_light

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Wren is moving in :) I hada cheap birdhouse up, we had some bad weather, and it was pretty much destroyed, this wren had started her nest in it already.. I carefully removed the rest of the wall that was hanging and removed her nest, placed a better cedar built birdhouse up, and placed her nest in it, the whole time she was watching from a neighbors tree.. Think she figured out it was for her, the next morning, i seen her going in and out of it.. She has been working on the nest since..

$Wren1.jpg

The Wren is moving in :) I hada cheap birdhouse up, we had some bad weather, and it was pretty much destroyed, this wren had started her nest in it already.. I carefully removed the rest of the wall that was hanging and removed her nest, placed a better cedar built birdhouse up, and placed her nest in it, the whole time she was watching from a neighbors tree.. Think she figured out it was for her, the next morning, i seen her going in and out of it.. She has been working on the nest since..

View attachment 79423

She's Beautiful, as is the house and the pic.. Beginning of a happy family :sillysmi:

Risky but seems she did not mind.Great job on the nest and new build.

She's Beautiful, as is the house and the pic.. Beginning of a happy family :sillysmi:

Yes she is, i thoroughly enjoy hearing her sing as she tends to the nest.. :)

Risky but seems she did not mind.Great job on the nest and new build.

I was worried about it at first, wondering if she would come back after i handled the nest. The pair have adopted me and my girlfriend now i think, they fly around us in the garden. Im working on getting more shots, as we have finches, cardinals, bluejay's, all coming in and out of the garden every day, but i also have a son getting ready to turn 1 in less then a month, he has kept me preoccupied :)

Wrens have such a beautiful voice, I love to listen to them sing. You'll find she will most likely build in the house again year after year. The pair of Wren I had a few years ago, used the same birdhouse every year. Good for you for taking the chance to rebuild her home when the first was destroyed, most people would not have bothered. :)

Wrens have such a beautiful voice, I love to listen to them sing. You'll find she will most likely build in the house again year after year. The pair of Wren I had a few years ago, used the same birdhouse every year. Good for you for taking the chance to rebuild her home when the first was destroyed, most people would not have bothered. :)

They do have such a beautiful voice and song. When i first started establishing this small habitat in our garden for the birds, i was accidently attracting all the wrong kinds. The grackles, and cowbirds were coming in and running everything off. So i did away with the regular bird feed and just hung up finch feeders with fennel seed, and a couple birdhouses, plus a few manmade natural structures for them to hangout on.. Now it is mainly FInches, Wrens, and occasionally the pair of Cardinals , and a pair of Bluejays that belieive it or not, are not bullying the rest.

I can sit out there and watch all these for hours..

Most reactions

Back