ive decided to move on

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
if all goes as planned, ill be attending the art institute of charlotte for photography going for my associates and bachelors degree if i decide to move on after the associates program.

ive got all my information in order and everything set up (except for financial aid) which is a huge factor in this and ill set up that next week with them and see what i can get with it, they said my nikon d3000 is good enough for the classes and they have a huge kit that comes with everything from portfolio folders to markers and everything else an art student needs including a separate camera kit that includes

canon EOS rebel t3i with a 4 gig memory card and flash card reader
mini white/gray balance card
skylight filer 1aUV haze for the rebel
sekonic L-358 flash meter
color checker gray scale card
lacie 500gb rugged hard drive

is this good equipment?
i looked into the camera and i liked what i saw, but after shooting all this time with my nikon d3000 how big of a step further is this camera?

I'm so happy I had a free mentor ;)

The Sekonic 358 will probably teach you a lot aboout lighting, lighting set-ups, and proper exposure, provided that you elect to actually USE IT to measure and record lighting conditions over some extended period of time. It's kind of like learning one's multiplication tables and memorizing them, as opposed to doing simple math using an electronic calculator. If one takes the time to measure, and note, and learn from the fundamentals of light and exposure that a quality incident/reflected combo meter can provide, then there's a lot of actual L_E_A_R_N_I_N_G. Or, you can just never use the meter, and look at the LCD on the camera, and shoot-chimp-shoot-chimp-shoot-chimp-shoot-chimp-shoot and take 3 to 5 minutes to set up a lighting scheme that you could do in 30 seconds using a light meter, without firing a single shot.

what about the canon EOS rebel t3? the only difference i see in that than what i have now in my D3000 is the 18 megapixel in the rebel and my nikon with 10.2

is that going to hurt me in the long run when i get to the large format photography course?

both kit lenses are the same with the canon and what i have with the nikon, the only difference i can find are the megapixels and im sure theres a ton more options on the rebel also

Most reactions

Back