What's new

Ivy

Nice texture. Wonder what the color one looks like.
 
Thanks Rick!

Here's the color version:

p1978315454-6.jpg
 
Both are good. I actually like the color one better but I'm a high contrast kinda B&W guy. :-)
 
I like both as well. I think I prefer the color a bit tbh.

Thanks for the comments.
 
I prefer the B&W, but I think I'd like it more if the leaves were lighter.
 
I prefer the B&W, but I think I'd like it more if the leaves were lighter.

I felt the same, but I found it hard to strike a balance between the increased brightness of the leaves and the loss of leaf detail that the increased brightness caused.
 
I prefer the B&W, but I think I'd like it more if the leaves were lighter.

I felt the same, but I found it hard to strike a balance between the increased brightness of the leaves and the loss of leaf detail that the increased brightness caused.

In the color version the leaves look over-saturated. Could you have lost some detail from that? If so, perhaps the raw file has it.
 
Nifty shots, both of them sleist. I love your eye and style. You can really shoot.
 
In the color version the leaves look over-saturated. Could you have lost some detail from that? If so, perhaps the raw file has it.

I do feel like I coud get more out of this shot. My biggest issue is that I seem to have been out of parallel with respect to the subject and the leaves get blurrier toward the bottom of the frame.
The 4:3 crop removed most of the offending parts, but it's still visible. I'll come back to it again I'm sure. Thanks.
 
Nifty shots, both of them sleist. I love your eye and style. You can really shoot.

Thanks Derrel for the nice compliment.
Cameras have a way of keeping you humble though.
You're always one click away from sucking all over again. ;)
 
Count me in for both. I'm partial to the color one because of the contrast of the red brick and green ivy, but both are great.
 
I like both, well done.
In a way, I hate both because just looking at them has got me itching. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom