What's new

"Jack White's Little Red Organ"

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
9,504
Reaction score
2,004
Location
Montana
Yet another organ thread...

Picked up this goofy little reed organ from a thrift shop a few months ago. I've always wanted to photograph it, has such a great color scheme, reminds me of the White Stripes. With Runnah posting photos of his organ, I figured I'd post mine.

I plan to mic it someday, and incorporate it into my music, just haven't gotten there yet.

Also these are the first photos taken with the GAF 55/1.4 donated to me by pixmedic.

f/11
8269876105_a58f755d13_b.jpg


f/2.8
8270941454_935a85e7e5_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
looks pretty sharp
 
I just saw those..im actually pretty impressed with that old lens. does this mean the lens might get bumped up a little on your "gonna use this lens today" list?
 
To tell you the truth, is the the first lens I'm tempted to bother with an focus confirm adapter. I'm very impressed by it, actually.

It's just a fantastic lens mechanically, even if it was a little lacking optically I'd probably use it pretty regularly, it's just such a dream to use. I'm happy that so far it's looking pretty solid in both respects.

I'll get out next week to try it out at longer distances. But i am pretty sure this will be a pretty regular fixture on my camera. Plus, it just looks so damn sexy.
 
Last edited:
To tell you the truth, is the the first lens I'm tempted to bother with an focus confirm adapter. I'm very impressed by it, actually.

It's just a fantastic lens mechanically, even if it was a little lacking optically I'd probably use it pretty regularly, it's just such a dream to use. I'm happy that so far it's looking pretty solid in both respects.

I'll get out next week to try it out at longer distances. But i am pretty sure this will be a pretty regular fixture on my camera. Plus, it just looks so damn sexy.

So.. Are you saying it's a decent lens?
 
So far, it appears that way. For closeups definitely. But some of these older lenses can have deceiving performance. In any case, within 10' or so, it looks great and for close focus I'm sure I'll use it a lot, if not more than my Minolta 50/1.7. We'll see how it holds up outdoors.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom