Jamaica Trip

SaugaPhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to Couples Swept Away in Jamaica in August of 2015. I took the following pictures with an old Nikon D40 that my mother gave me after she upgraded to a better camera. I took all the photos on automatic and in jpeg. A few weeks ago, I got a Canon T5i and I'm now shooting in manual and in RAW and doing my best to learn photography properly. The pictures I took with my D40 on that vacation are still better than anything I've taken with my new T5i because it was a lot more beautiful in Jamaica than it is here in the depths of winter in Canada. I can't wait to go to a place like this again with my new T5i and hopefully better photography skills. But I'm still happy with how my pictures turned out all things considered. It was my honeymoon, so these pictures will always be special to me.

Last edited:
Any advice? Nice photos - we have something more in common than just photography. I am headed to Couples Swept Away next week with my girlfriend. I've been wanting to take up photography as one of my main hobbies for many years and this was the perfect reason. I was looking forward to it so much that I spent a small fortune on camera gear. Now though, I'm worried about taking it because of the value. I'm going to complete the CBP Form 4457 as a precautionary measure and I also have worldwide insurance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back