ranmyaku

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jpgmag.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_4401.jpg

The blue of the sky goes far beyond ANYTHING I could still consider "natural". All in all, saturation is at its absolute limit, if not beyond. Composition is nice, and that place looks so like it might be worth a visit, but if this is HDR experiment, I feel it did not work. How about a single exposure photo of the gardens? Wouldn't it work easily, too?

This isn't an HDR. I agree the saturation is pushed to the limit, which was my intention. I agree too that I should probably tone down the sky a little. Thanks.

There is something weird going on with the sky that is hard to fix in post-processing...the something weird is that I was shooting using a wide angle lens with a circular polarizer. This also enhances the colors of the foliage.

why does everyone assume something saturated is HDR?

I think it's very close to too saturated but I tend to like vibrant and intense colors so I'm on board with this shot.

My first reaction was not that the sky's color is unnatural - some long exposures take that tint quite automatically. The only weird thing is that around your trees there are subtle halos of a lighter blue?

I very much enjoy the composition of this shot.

I think it's very close to too saturated but I tend to like vibrant and intense colors so I'm on board with this shot.

My first reaction was not that the sky's color is unnatural - some long exposures take that tint quite automatically. The only weird thing is that around your trees there are subtle halos of a lighter blue?

I very much enjoy the composition of this shot.

Yeah that happens on a wide angle lens + circular polarizer. The intensity of blue varies across the sky. It's hard to fix in post processing too. At least it is for me.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/polarizers.shtml

It also didn't help that I was saturating the colors. So it makes the mistake more obvious.

Thanks for the comments. I'll be sure and take these into consideration when I re-do the editing in LR2/CS4. I will try and repost it to see what you think.

I like the composition but agree with the comments about oversaturation. Also, the lighting in general seems a bit harsh, but i'm not sure if it is from a slight overexposure or the hard sidelighting, maybe a combination of both. What time of day was this? The hard shadows in the foreground are somewhat distracting. I love what you're going for here though, punchy color and a good pleasing scene.

I like the composition but agree with the comments about oversaturation. Also, the lighting in general seems a bit harsh, but i'm not sure if it is from a slight overexposure or the hard sidelighting, maybe a combination of both. What time of day was this? The hard shadows in the foreground are somewhat distracting. I love what you're going for here though, punchy color and a good pleasing scene.

Yeah you are right. I was not there during a great time of the day...probably 1 or 2 pm I can't remember exactly.

I like this shot ranmyaku. I must agree with the other posters about the saturation on the hard side but I still like this exact result. The only thing that pushes me away are the heavy dark spots which takes away vital details from a great shot.

Isn't that the Huntington Library?

why does everyone assume something saturated is HDR?
It's a typical tell-tale indicator that something like photomatix was used. In said program, it's very easy to take one slider and take saturation from 'hey neat' to 'oh my dear lord'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back