What's new

Jewish graffiti - getting rid of shadows

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 15, 2010
Messages
486
Reaction score
0
Location
Israel
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was walking around and noticed this. It was mid-morning, not ideal for lighting.
I tried to correct the shadow near the top of the image using curves, but then the bottom got blown out. Any suggestions?

100_8609-2.jpg
 
Or you can throw the lasso tool around the top corner, the dark one, feather it nicely (at about 50 or so), and then selectively only lighten the top corner a little, but only so much that it doesn't stand out as "wrong" against the rest. But selectively working on parts does not affect the rest of the picture.
 
I like the edit, although now the colors seem a it washed out - don't you think so? But thanks for the education :)

LaFoto!! Where have yo been?? Thanks for replying, I'll try what you said!
 
Sorry, couldn't be around. Was in hospital. Now definitely on the mend though ... but as of next Monday I'll be abroad for a fortnight. So no LaFoto between 7 and 21 June on here, either... ;-)
 
Oh wow, refuah sh'lemah - may you have a full recovery, as we say.
 
Corrina
Sorry to hear about your health, I hope all turns out well....maybe your holiday is coming at a good time. Don't forget to bring your camera though. ;)
 
I like the edit, although now the colors seem a it washed out - don't you think so? But thanks for the education :)
That's one of the reasons why it's best to get it right in the camera to start with.

The color would more easily preserved editing a full size RAW capture, rather than a small online JPEG.
 
I like the edit, although now the colors seem a it washed out - don't you think so? But thanks for the education :)
That's one of the reasons why it's best to get it right in the camera to start with.

The color would more easily preserved editing a full size RAW capture, rather than a small online JPEG.
*sigh*.......... wish I'd had good light conditions... wish I had RAW.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom