What's new

Joe Walsh 2012 Summer Tour all James Gang

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
32
Location
Eastern Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Joe Walsh brought his Analog Man tour to The Riverside Golf Resort and Casino in Riverside, Iowa July 14, 2012, in the midst of a very hot Iowa evening. My personal highlight of the show was "The Bomber" from James Gang Rides Again, released in 1970. Joe addressed the young people in the audience by stating that if they knew the song they must have heard it from their parents, which he apologized for by saying "It is my fault."

(Romeo Entertainment Group -national booking agency requested this photo to be used in their national newsletter)
$Joe Walsh Riverside, Iowa  7-14-12 Logo (1 of 1).webp$Joe Walsh Riverside, Iowa  7-14-12 (1 of 1)-3.webp$Joe Walsh Riverside, Iowa  7-14-12 (1 of 1)-2.webp
 
These look pretty good to me.
 
Although he played his part, and played it well, I always thought he was a misfit for the Eagles.
 
Although he played his part, and played it well, I always thought he was a misfit for the Eagles.

Especially as a Don Felder replacement. The drug flavored era of the Eagles seemed to fuel Joe with his signature riffs. Joe played 3 Eagles tunes in his 90 minute set. Sober Joe is having a blast and IMO playing the best I have heard.
 
NICE! Still LOVE his Confessor stuff! Some of my all time favorites there!
 
NICE! Still LOVE his Confessor stuff! Some of my all time favorites there!
Joe brought out the big guns on that record with a who's who of studio people. Barnstorm was Joe's MANASAS which was basically a trio. Then he has some forgettable moments:)
 
Especially as a Don Felder replacement. The drug flavored era of the Eagles seemed to fuel Joe with his signature riffs. Joe played 3 Eagles tunes in his 90 minute set. Sober Joe is having a blast and IMO playing the best I have heard.

:biggrin:
What I meant was that IMO, Joe's talent eclipsed the band. I much prefer the rest of his catalogue than that period.
 
Especially as a Don Felder replacement. The drug flavored era of the Eagles seemed to fuel Joe with his signature riffs. Joe played 3 Eagles tunes in his 90 minute set. Sober Joe is having a blast and IMO playing the best I have heard.

:biggrin:
What I meant was that IMO, Joe's talent eclipsed the band. I much prefer the rest of his catalogue than that period.
There is no question that he was a on a much higher plane musically than his band mates in the Eagles. To me he did not really ever fit. He was supposed to fill Don's shoes. He did that and much more. Somewhere there is a typical Joe quote about replacing Don...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom