Jon Lord & Band plus Philharmonic Orchestra in concert

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Jon Lord and a band who called themselves "DCRS" playing live in Essen Grugahalle together with the Philharmonic Orchestra Hagen on Tuesday night, 3 February. Steve Balsamo is singing the vocals here. (Kasia Laska sang, too).

Photos taken during the performance of Jon Lord's Concerto For Group and Orchestra (1969) while sitting in Row 16 in the audience. (Many photographers ran around and to the stage, being quite a bit of a disturbing nuisance, and I did not want to be like those!!!)

jonlordwholestage1.jpg

jonlordwholestage2.jpg

These were taken with the kit lens, and have been cropped to this size (as all else was unnecessary in the frame).

And a zoomed-in pic of Jon Lord on his famous Hammond Organ:

jonlord.jpg

Taken with the Sigma 70-300mm f5.6 at full extension. Hard to hold!!!

Holy Toledo, how did you get such results on fully zoomed handheld shots! Well done!

I love seeing the red and blue lights above the musicians, and that bit of haze in the lights that screams 'live concert'.

Those are great, you must have incredibly steady hands.

What Iso did you have it set on ?

Glad you found these, Anty, I put them up for you! :D
If you want to enjoy some of the music we had the pleasure to hear/listen to on Tuesday, here's another (better) link to a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnBDJZIco9c"]video-recording_of_the_Second_Movement_(andante)[/ame] of the Concerto. We did not have the pleasure of seeing such a cute looking Ian Gillan, of course, but a) our singer was young and well-voiced, too, and b) I myself am no longer as cute as I was in 1969, either (and Ian Gillan has changed in the meantime, too, mind you ;) ).

Rob. Highest ISO. 1600. These were sent through NeatImage to fight the noise! Nothing else would have worked!
I later put on the "nifty fifty" and went down to 400, but I - of course - could not get as close then.

you definately done well in those dark conditions

Most reactions

New Topics

Back