stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1031436-Edit.jpg

Explain then?:)

Refers to a novella by Richard Bach, written in the late 60's. Centers on life and self-perfection. Quite a fad in the early 1970's. Also made into a movie, ca. 1973. Neil Diamond wrote a song and sound track for it.

Refers to a novella by Richard Bach, written in the late 60's. Centers on life and self-perfection. Quite a fad in the early 1970's. Also made into a movie, ca. 1973. Neil Diamond wrote a song and sound track for it.

OK cheers. I don't get the link to the seagull though. Maybe I'm being thick :D

I remember the book as highlighting the ability to let go. Sort of Zen. That when you just let go, you can reach the you that is you. It's when we focus on things to be creative is when we miss the truly creative.

A good lesson on taking photographs.

Nice shot.

Nice image, nice light.

I got the seagul reference immediately - as I rembered the book being a fad with the more 'sensitive' types at school. When my friends and I were reading oil fingerprinted Haynes Manuals trying to keep our first motorcycles on the road, the more philosophical types were quoting calming phrases from this strange little book with a picture of a seagul on the cover. I also remember being deeply disappointed by Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - which was no use at all for maintaining bikes.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back