June 1st Photographers' Rights Protest in Los Angeles

I'm afraid parking might be difficult ... does anyone know if there are some parking structures on that street?

I'm afraid parking might be difficult ... does anyone know if there are some parking structures on that street?

There's a parking garage at Hollywood/Highland. You can get your ticket validated at any of the stores/restaurants there. I dunno how long the validation's good for though.. not sure how long the protest will go on. Another option is to park at a different subway station that's not so touristy and ride to hollywood/highland.

Hey, I wasnt able to make it due to an unforseen business trip, I was just getting home saturday from 3000 miles away and needed to spend family time, but I hear it went really good with lots of education going on, Ive even seen pics of officers using what looked like 70-200 L lenses, so im thinking they were learning what makes us tick.. !

http://www.flickr.com/groups/laprotest/pool/

It doesn't sound as if it was very successful - no news reports at all about it.

That about sums it up. I'm from Israel, not a country that's unfamiliar with terrorism, and the same pattern developed here over time. Mall security, university campus security (armed with Uzis, mind you) are the ones who i get most problems from. My usual response is A - learn the law; B- leave me alone; C-call the police.
It ALWAYS gets to C, cause i never leave or stop taking pictures, and they're too proud to climb off the tree.

Your "campus security" has Uzis?

RATS! I'm in the wrong country. I worked security during my college days and they wouldn't even let me carry a baton - not even a stinking flash light past a certain length. I was only supposed to "observe and report". In hindsight, probably a good thing they protected me from myself :lmao:

I've take pictures in lots of public and private locations and have never had problems with local law enforcement nor private security. But then I'm asian and all my shots were of my daughter running around.

Most reactions

Back