Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Highlighting/grayscale etc.
This is my first ever attempt btw
flowers-006.jpg

Great Shot.
As a newcomer, I've got to ask how you got that effect. I'm assuming filters, but what combo and how?
Thanks for sharing.

Randy Carter said:
Great Shot.
As a newcomer, I've got to ask how you got that effect. I'm assuming filters, but what combo and how?
Thanks for sharing.
This was done in photoshop and it's called colourising. [or colorizing, for my American friends :D ]

Start off by opening an image which you want to colourise, it can be black and white or colour, because you're going to convert it anyway. After its loaded, go to Image>Mode>Grayscale. If it asks you to flatten the image, select "Don't Flatten". Then go to Image>Mode>RGB Colour. Again, if it asks you to flatten the image, select "Don't Flatten."

Here comes the hard part, select the part of the picture which you want to colourise to highlight. Once you've made your decision, use the "Polygon Selection Lasso" and start slowly going around the part of picture you want to highlight. You can zoom in if it makes it easier to highlight.

while the image is still selected, select the colour which you want to make the selection. Then, make a new layer by going to the layers tab, then go to Edit>Fill and select Foreground colour, Normal, 100%.

The last step to do is to go to the layers tab, and on the top, you'll see a drop down, the "Blending Type" which should say "Normal". Click the drop down and select "Colour". If the colour is too bright or just the wrong shade, play around with the opacity settings, or try filling with another colour.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back