Just looking for some general comments

Unmanedpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, its been awhile since I've posted but thought I would just drop by and post a few photos.

Fist I was Downtown and on one of the court buildings I noticed this pattern on the side of the wall. It was a quick snapshot but It turned out pretty good I think.

IMG_2409.jpg

Second this is a car outside of my work (I don't work for the restaurant but rather the theater on the other side) I did some minor color editing as this was originally in B&W.

IMG_2446.jpg

I'm looking forward to your comments!

Coldow91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I really like the first but maybe go back when there is a blue or more interesting sky, and I like the composition of the second but the focus is on the words "specials and sundaes" and not on the car.

JumboShrimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I really like the first one, I think its a really cool design that they have and you took a great picture of it, at an interesting angle!

Sideburns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
it's unfortunate that the sky is blown out. but that's something you can't really fix a whole bunch. You could have exposed 1 stop lower probably andi t would have helped bring your highlights down...but the sky would still be blown out.

You did a great job on both...but the second, I think you should have used more DOF to get both the building and the car in sharp focus.

JPT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Both are great, but I agree with Coldow about the second one.

And since I am very bored right now and you state that your photos are ok to edit, I edited the first one a bit... What do you think? Remove it and forget it ever happened? lol

2078296221_f41addf558_o.jpg

OP
Unmanedpilot

Unmanedpilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like the edit, though it may be a little too bright for my taste in B&W. Either way its nice.

Both shots were spur of the moment and I just felt like getting a photo and wasn't too worried about small details. Which is why the shots aren't in the critique forum.

In the first it was an overcast day so even if I did stop it down I'm pretty sure you would still only see white. I may have to go back and re-try it.

For #2 I had just walked out of work at midnight and liked the scene, both car and building looked pretty sharp on the LCD so I didn't give it any more thought. I may go back and try this again soon aswell.

Thanks for the comments, exactly what I was looking for! :D

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
My only complaint on either one of them comes on #2. The feel of it gets thrown off just a little bit by the flat tire, but it is not enough to destroy the picture, just my opinion.

Most reactions