Just NOT a happy puppy today.....

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a bad day... It started out pretty good .. Tee’d off at 10:30 and it was a beautiful day.. Leaving the 5th green, I looked over at the bathroom and noticed 2 guys chasing something small around the out-building.... they stayed on the other side for a while and then got in their golf cart and left ....​

I went over there, and saw that they had chased down a large Rock Chuck, and proceeded to beat it to death with their clubs. It was just sunning itself, and then died. For what reason, other than it happened to be out in the open when 2 idiots drove by.​

Why did that upset me so much? - I don’t’ know....... After all, it’s just a rock chuck. But I think the viciousness of the act got to me. It was totally senseless. It was violent, and without purpose. Yes, I’m an animal lover, and you say .... jeeze, it was only a Rock Chuck... but then again, what if it was only a dog... or only one of those million stray kittens that roam the area? - What if it was only a kid.... The more I see, the less I like people... at least today.​

I got on my cell phone and called the clubhouse - his comment was.... “Are you kidding me?? He really did that????” - “is it still out there?” - Well, I’ll make sure he goes back and disposes of it properly” !!​

Apparently, the only disaster that the course manager could see was that he didn’t want a dead animal by the bathrooms...... Of course, ... he’s also a farmer, and you know how much THEY love those damn rock chucks....​

Anyway - I guess I can’t understand why I’m the only one that’s upset by this .... but I am..​

I’m going to the Oregon Coast on a photo trip for a full week (next Friday) !! Wanted a book on the Oregon Coast - there’s thousands of them out there, so I thought I’d look them over and get one that would tell me some of the stops, and areas to see/photograph... I went to Hastings (A book store) - As I walked out of the store, I mentioned to the manager that I didnt’ want to hear anything about the local stores losing out on “Internet” purchases....... I told him that he had, LITERALLY, 19 books on Italy - not one on Oregon.​

Then off to Barnes and Noble ............... they had 3.... 2 books on Oregon in general, and One which told me how it was to cross Oregon in a covered wagon many years ago ....​

I think I’ll just have a small shot of Chevas 12 yr, and go to bed. It has to be better tomorrow... please?​

Happy 4th everyone... I hear the kids next door starting their fireworks ...​

As individuals, it is hard to stop the mindless activities of others. Sorry about the golf course incident, as senseless as these random acts are, they happen.

In regards to the book issue, it never ceases to amaze me how some businesses actually get started....

...ahhhhh, but Chevas *

Would not mind pounding into those two idiots with a golf club myself - but of course, that is against the law.
You can get away with beating an animal to death, but not with beating the beater...even though humans = mammals....hmmm

Sorry, got a bit carried away here, but have to side with the animal lovers on this one.

Cruelty to animals should be made a major criminal offence, after all, cruelty to humans is...

No comments on the book store - but enjoy the Chevas ;)

Cruelty to animals should be made a major criminal offence, after all, cruelty to humans is...

it is, if he could prove that the two guys beat the animal to death they would both go to jail for many months and pay very large fines.

it is, if he could prove that the two guys beat the animal to death they would both go to jail for many months and pay very large fines.

Really?
Don't know too much about the law over in the states, over here there is no fine against these people....sad but true...

Really?
Don't know too much about the law over in the states, over here there is no fine against these people....sad but true...

This was released recently, he received 12 counts of animal cruelty which equals 36 months in jail and a $9,000 fine. I wouldn't recommend looking for the video that was released, it is pretty disturbing.
Billy Joe Gregg, Conklin Dairy Farms Employee, Charged With Animal Cruelty After Abuse Video Surfaces

Just goes to show, that the laws in the states have progressed further than over here ;)

I only heard about this case, briefly from some friends. I will heed your advice though and not look at the video...can't stand animal brutality...just gets me enraged and often enough wishing I could do to those people what they have done to the animals!

But I am glad that there are laws against this now, and that these laws are also being enforced

That's terrible... I just can't comprehend people like that! :grumpy:

Today, after a soccer game I was leaving in the parking lot when I saw a group of kids huddled, poking something with their feet. I took a look, and there was a baby mouse trying to get away from them. I gave a boy a shove in the stomach (his sister plays on my team) as he lifted his foot to stomp on it! I scooped the little thing up and put him in some nearby bushes.

I know, it's a mouse. Not something most people want around. But I just can't stand seeing any creature tortured or killed needlessly.

Couldn't agree more with you on saving that little mouse - good on you!

what's a wood chuck?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back