What's new

Just sad today :(

Go give him a hug
 
I would have given him a hug , but he would probably then proceeded to rip my arms off my body lol

Yea poor guy did feel bad for him.
 
I really like the emotion this photo captures in the visual display by the gorilla. However I can't quite like the editing. I don't think (at least it does not look to my eyes) that you've just made it black and white, something else has been done which makes it look flatter than normal.
 
Self portrait? :D

Kinda looks like he/she is holding the camera.
 
seems like it was shot with a telephoto and then heavily cropped, which is giving it the compressed look instead of a more 3D look, I guess if so, then there was nothing you could really do about it. Also seems to need some contrast. But I love the capture.
 
my limited knowledge would say it's in the editing. When editing b&w you can make even a flat image have some depth. To me it's all kinda gray, takes out any depth. I'm curious as to what the original was like.

It is a very awesome capture. Lot's of emotion in the big fella.
 
Since you said your photos were okay to edit:


gorilla by franklinrabon, on Flickr

Basically I added some contrast, kicked down the highlights a touch, added some mid contrast, sharpened the face and added a touch of softness to the background to help pull the big guy out of the background.
 
Fjrabon , very nice my friend !!! . i edited in silver efex , but i am very green in post . i think i often do less thinking it is more .

The image was heavily cropped , he was sleeping , woke up, took 3 steps over sat on wall and peed !!! lol , i shot w d700 and 70 -200 so yea cropped big time .
 
Fjrabon , very nice my friend !!! . i edited in silver efex , but i am very green in post . i think i often do less thinking it is more .

The image was heavily cropped , he was sleeping , woke up, took 3 steps over sat on wall and peed !!! lol , i shot w d700 and 70 -200 so yea cropped big time .

Yeah, when you zoom and crop, there's a lot more compression than you'd expect.

And if you're going to err, it's usually better to err on the side of less PP. However, the stuff I did wasn't very intense. I doubt most people could even tell you the difference between the two images unless they were looking at them at the same time. I think the biggest key to PP is being able to get a feel for 1) what needs help and 2) how to go about fixing that. They're very different skills.
 
Here's my take on it. Tried to add some depth to him, especially in the eyes and mouth/head area.


$sadgorilla-1.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom