What's new

Just some general CC

VegasPhotoNut

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 20, 2011
Messages
67
Reaction score
3
Location
Las Vegas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just picked up my first speedlight, 580ex i. Taken with a shoot through umbrella. I know they arent perfect, but these are the first pictures i have taken using off camera. All with manual flash and manual camera.


My son
IMG_7321_zps316571f7.jpg


My Cat
IMG_7308_zps5ddb8cd2.jpg



My Son again.
IMG_7293_zpsf51f852d.jpg



Thanks all!
 
Total beginner here, so no technical commentary. I just have to say I love the hair and smile in number 3!
 
#1 and #3 both a bit dark... strong sidelighting on #1 combined with posture puts subject (RH) face in deep shadow. Easily corrected by change umbrella placement.

#2 looks pretty good!
 
Good first effort.

The light was likely to high... try it a little lower, and a stop brighter, and maybe move the subject further from the wall.
 
$IMG_7321_zps316571f7.webp

Just a rough edit.... cropped to make more personal.... changed the histogram to open it up some ....I like the shot, very cute
 
I see what you did. Makes sense. I knew they were too dark. Practice practie practice. thanks man.
 
Number two is the best! Number one could have been just as good with a turn of the little boy's head, like the cat's in number two.
 
Number two is the best! Number one could have been just as good with a turn of the little boy's
head, like the cat's in number two.

lol Exactly. The CAT knew where the light was coming from. I'm guessing the first shot the cat goes WTF??? And then you (he) got this on the second shot.
 
haha, thats exactly what happened. I knew that he would sit there just fine. But i wanted him to look right at the light. Getting my kid to help me in any way shape or form while im taking pictures is difficult. but yes, second shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom