openlandssky.jpg

icerock.jpg

golfballfire.jpg

flowerpavment.jpg

flamethrower.jpg

carhandprint.jpg

barn.jpg

Opener-1.jpg

Hey, I just joined these are a few photos ive taken and worked on, there are more to come comments and critiques welcome and appreciated!

You're Just Starting?! :hail:

Some very nice work!

IMO:
1. Good shot, nice use of space. It would have been nice to see the shot taken a little lower so that about half the frame has the sillouhette. There's just a little too much sky.

2. Nice composition, the subject is a little distracting if you're trying to get the sort of smushy thing the middle or the darker water at the top. Also some more contrast to bring out the ripples would be nice, but I'm not sure. They look good the way they are too.

3. Tighter crop is all, really neat picture though!

4. LOVE it!!

5. Ahh, always fun! Not sure if I like the color since it's a little dark but oh well!

6. You were able to get that sort of feeling of desperate need, I felt that! Nice work!

7. Maybe a tighter crop to get rid of that lens flare in the bottom corner, but I love the grain and soft focus on it nonetheless.

8. ORIGINAL! That is a very interesting take, never seen that sort of editing technique performed where it's half lithograph/half sunset in color! And it looks like there's an Eagle in flight above the sun or something, very unique capture!

If you are seriously just starting, you have huge potential!! :mrgreen:

Well, there is some excellent photography on this post. I am surprised that you say you are just starting. Maybe we can talk sometime and critique each others work as I feel that we may live close to each other, maybe on AIM or Gmail Chat. I personally like number 4 and I feel that I may have seen number 8 somewhere else, but I just can't place where. Anyways, great work and I look forward to seeing more of it soon.

Thanks, number 8 you probably saw in the opener for a yearbook, LFA, i was given the assignment of capturing a sense of opening, and i decided to merge two photos which i liked of a sun rise and the school drive way. I could not find the final version so that eagle is really the evidence of making a copy of both sides and manipulating it (i actually think the picture i used was number 1)...then most of these pictures were from a film camera i had last year which i scanned in, i can not find any of my recent work, but i've been moving towards merging photos as shown in number 8.

hahahaha, i remember making the mistake of using spray paint (i think more of it ended up on my hands)

I like #s 3 & 4. The others are a bit... common. You have a good eye though. Learning to see things in a different way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back