Juvenile Herring Gull

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot against a yellowing Willow tree reflected in the pond. I though it made for a nice BG and somewhat Autumnal in it appearance- shame he wasn't looking at the camera though

Sony a7Riv and Sony 600mm

DSC04500 Juvenile Gull by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Les :

They may not be optimal but personally, I'm ok with shots like that. You caught his face from the side which is what I see in a lot of bird shots and many of mine are like that. It just can't be helped sometimes. Love the light and I like how you kept the picture soft, it really helped with the bg, it's beautiful.

They may not be optimal but personally, I'm ok with shots like that. You caught his face from the side which is what I see in a lot of bird shots and many of mine are like that. It just can't be helped sometimes. Love the light and I like how you kept the picture soft, it really helped with the bg, it's beautiful.
Thank you Kirk- I wasn't really sure it worked as a true wildlife shot :)
Very nicely done! I like the yellow BG. It may not be looking directly at the camera, but is looking at you.
He certainly spotted me without a doubt Jeff, I spotted the BG before he landed and waited for a bird to come along to complete the shot :)

Les

Thank you Kirk- I wasn't really sure it worked as a true wildlife shot :)

He certainly spotted me without a doubt Jeff, I spotted the BG before he landed and waited for a bird to come along to complete the shot :)

Les
You never hear a guy complain about a tail feather shot in Playboy. Let that sink in for a few. :p

Most reactions

Back