Katy Lily (I believe)

DaPOPO

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
goldshieldphotos.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was a frigid 75 degrees in Katy Texas the other day....:azzangel: So I took a picture in my backyard...
untitled-3263-Edit.jpg

Nicely done.

Very nice! I'd sure like to know how people get that shaded background but highlighted flower appearance. It looks works amazingly well with these types of pics. Any help would be grrreatly appreciated. BTW, I'm not jealous of your weather as I'm in sunny Florida. Others may feel a slight sting. ;)

Good lighting makes this a fun shot to see.

Very nice! I'd sure like to know how people get that shaded background but highlighted flower appearance. It looks works amazingly well with these types of pics. Any help would be grrreatly appreciated. BTW, I'm not jealous of your weather as I'm in sunny Florida. Others may feel a slight sting. ;)

So, as I told Derrel, the basic light was there so I had a good base to work with. Here is the original untouched photo..

The plant is sitting in shade. I am facing northeast around 7:30am.

untitled-3263.jpg

I use a combination of Lightroom and Photoshop. I hit the auto adjust button in Lightroom and it gave me this... I did some final adjustments I wanted, highlights, clarity, saturation, etc...

untitled-3263.jpg

Then I look at the background, and I drop the exposure down to where I think the background looks good.

I then painted the flower with the exposure brush and just painted the parts of the flower and stems that I wanted.

Then adjust that exposure brush up to the point where you think it looks good including the Highlights. Remember the highlights, not to much, not to little. Too little and the light is flat....

I then imported the file into Photoshop and using the Spot Healing tool, I removed all of the pollen, debris, whatever from the flower....

Voila, the final product...

untitled-3263-Edit.jpg

:586:

Last edited:
love this.......wow

Most reactions

Back