Kite Surfer

kharp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One I took of a kite surfer in Panama City last year. C & C welcome.

$DSC_0622 copy.jpg

I think photographing kite surfing must be enormously difficult. The distance bewteen the surfer and the kite mean that if you try to get both in the frame both end up relatively small ... as here. Unless the surfer is close to shore or you are out with them, you have a distance / zoom issue. I like the diagonal composition here but with the surfer being so small, it tends to lose some impact.
Funny you should post kitesurfing ... I just saw this guy's work yesterday. Flickr: raduuuuu's Photostream
He has really got into it with waterproof housings and getting a surfer to cooperate by jumping over him. Worth checking out.

I think photographing kite surfing must be enormously difficult. The distance bewteen the surfer and the kite mean that if you try to get both in the frame both end up relatively small ... as here. Unless the surfer is close to shore or you are out with them, you have a distance / zoom issue. I like the diagonal composition here but with the surfer being so small, it tends to lose some impact.
Funny you should post kitesurfing ... I just saw this guy's work yesterday. Flickr: raduuuuu's Photostream
He has really got into it with waterproof housings and getting a surfer to cooperate by jumping over him. Worth checking out.[/QUOTE

Those are great! Sadly, I am nowhere near the ocean. I was on vacation and had taken my camera with me to the beach that day. It wasn't planned. It would have been awesome to be able to get closer. But I'm not so sure how I would feel about a surfer jumping over me.

Just put it on your list "to do" the next time the opportunity presents itself :meh:

It's OK.

But to do it right you got to be in the water and right there pretty much. Unless they come near shore or your boat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back