What's new

Kiwi's and more fruits to come

brettmc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2008
Messages
239
Reaction score
0
Location
Wichita, KS
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So tonight I decided to chop up a kiwi and here are some of my results. Please C&C so that tomorrow I can make some changes when I do some oranges, lemons and limes. Thanks for any help that you can give!

1.
DSC_0249_1181.jpg



2.
DSC_0252_1184.jpg



3.
DSC_0271_1203.jpg



4.
DSC_0288_1220.jpg
 
Neat idea!
I like the first one over the rest. It has some mystery about it from the smudges on the glass. I look forward to see the lemons, etc.
 
Thanks for the comments, I'll be churning out some more tonight hopefully. Any other C&C?
 
I like #4. The illumination of the kiwis really stands out, especially the skin with the details in the 'hair' on them.

What kind of lighting/product setup are you using? I like the effect. Please share!
 
I love this idea!! I just ordered a 35mm lens that I haven't received yet. I am hoping to do something along these lines. Great stuff!
 
I like #4. The illumination of the kiwis really stands out, especially the skin with the details in the 'hair' on them.

What kind of lighting/product setup are you using? I like the effect. Please share!

Very simple set up actually, I bought a piece of clear acrylic and braced it off the edge of the table and had my SB-600 pointing straight up from the floor w/ a grid attached. For my camera I was using my D40 w/ my 50mm. Thanks again for all the comments. Tonight I did some more using limes, lemons and star fruit I'll probably post those tomorrow sometime.
 
I like 4 the most, how did you get this effect?
 
They were all done with essentially the same set up just different camera angles. Except for #3 I moved the flash to directly above the kiwis.
 
Here are some lemons and limes from last night. Again please C&C, I tend to have issues with cropping so if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

1.
DSC_0029_1288.jpg



2.
DSC_0031_1290.jpg



3.
DSC_0045_1302.jpg



4.
DSC_0054_1311.jpg



5.
DSC_0059_1316.jpg



6.
DSC_0065_1322.jpg



7.
DSC_0069_1325.jpg



8.
DSC_0074_1330.jpg
 
i liked the kiwi's better, your sort of NEON like look was great with the kiwi, if you can somehow get the effect with the lemons that's be awesome! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom