Knox Mountian hill climb 2009

CanadianJoker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well this weekend Ben and my self went up to Kelowna British Columbia Canada to the Knox Mountain hill climb. This is the largest/ longest hill climb in the north west i believe.

the first day way full of trekking up the mountain on trails to the different corners, while i was dieing from exhaustion Ben kept going on the hardest trails he could find. (jerk :p)

the 2nd day we hung out on the 3rd corner for most of the day, altho we wanted to get to corner 5 since all the action/ crashes were happening there.

anyways, it was a blast and any one in the northwest needs to check this event out. some badass cars on a really cool coarse.

on to the photos!!
02.jpg

01.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

Some really great shots of some bad a** cars! I like number 1, but I wish the background were a little better. Nothing you did though!

Congrats!

Derrick

Love the Mini's and mk1 Cortina, but your shutter speed is way to fast for side on shots (no sense of movement) lower it to about 1/125 and you will get some movement in the wheels like this

http://gsgary.smugmug.com/photos/191656013_NbYQm-L.jpg
Or you could go as low as 1/20
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/photos/191658964_pmEzb-L.jpg

thanks for the suggestion, i tried to go around 125, but the way the cars were coming in it was hard to pan. im going to have to try and get out to some more events in the future to practice panning thats for sure.

i know there are now way to many to c&c, but im always open to general feed back.

just a few more that ive been working on.

25.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

22.jpg

21.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

I think they are too tightly cropped, they just look like pictures of cars. Panning would add action to the shot, maybe a couple of them close together, if that would be possible.

I think they are too tightly cropped, they just look like pictures of cars. Panning would add action to the shot, maybe a couple of them close together, if that would be possible.

do you mean two cars in one shot? if so thats not possible. this a solo event, so only one car can race up the mountain at a time.

I think you've got some nice shots here, for example the third one in the first group, and the first one in the second group. Beware of standing with the sun in front of you instead of behind you, a couple in the first group are a bit contrasty/shadowy as a result.

Nice to see some pics from a hillclimb though, have only been to one myself (long before I got into photography) and it was a short and quite boring course, not very spectator friendly (you couldn't see the final third of the course). They definitely have some interesting cars though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back