Lagoon and Trifid Nebula

Aloicious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographywild.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another shot from my other night of astrophotography, this is M8 (the lagoon nebula, the large pink nebula) and M20 (the trifid nebula, the smaller pink and blue nebula)...

This shot is a closer crop of the area than what I posted the other day and trying to be a little less heavy handed in the processing.

this is a stack of ~9 images, with exposures data consisting of: 135mm, f2.0 through 3.2, ISO 800 through 2500, and 20s through 30s

M8-m20-stack-crop_zps1eaac9a8.jpg~original

Last edited:
Excellent job. I don't feel like there is "almost" noise there. I also like the crop because it holds my attention to what you want me to look at.

wonderful! You caught a couple of Globulars in there as well.

Very nice widefield image. You often see these 2 targets together, but not as wide as this. The milky way really comes through too, and is easy to overdo, but I think you did wonderfully.

Thanks, I had a quick edit of a wider shot of the same area I posted in a separate thread that ended up a bit overdone , that's why I tried to keep it less on this one...I've also got some shots of M17 and M16 in the same focal length that I need to process as well..

Fantastic!!! (I'm a sucker for astro-images).

Here's M17 Eagle Nebula, and M16 Omega Nebula...both pretty small with the wide field at 135mm, but not too bad all due considering.
M17-M16_zpsf5158aad.jpg~original

Most reactions

Back