Laid-back Croatian and Busy Greek

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not knowing any other strings apart from a G ;-) , I'm not sure what this is. It's bigger than a cello but after that I'm stumped. Some sort of Bass thing. Maybe LittleMan can help me out with what it is.

I saw this in Dubrovnik, Croatia when I was there recently. Actually a new member we have here from Dubrovnik reminded me of this photo I had.

I'm trying to decide if I leave it as one photo or if I chop it in two and sort of make a series from it. Although I think it loses something when I cut it in half. Might look better once it's printed. I'll see.

DSCN2381-Dubrovnik.jpg

I took this next photo in Corfu, Greece. And well it's pretty self explanatory. That big ship was the cruise ship we were on. It was absolutely amazing! Huge, and nice and shiny and like new!

Corfu-OilDrumRoll.jpg

I just realised this is my first street photography!! Woo Hoo for me!! :cheer:

Good captures Meysha, the first one works for me as one photo. The second is cool the way the drum is the only deep color in the photo, selective coloring without all the work involved ;) And congradulations on your first street shots, I see a talent there.

Thank you santino! I knew there was something not quite right with it. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it's coz the guy is so close to the left hand side? Ohhh If only I could go back and re shoot. *sob* :-(

John, I'm glad you liked the selective colouring. The digital camera I was using was a friend's that we'd borrowed. But the Blues in that camera were so bright that I had to dull them down in the photo. Then I decided to go the whole hog and do one of those slightly desaturated shots. Did that to both photos in fact.

Thanks for your comments guys... they really help me out!

I like them. Nice simple streets shots form somewhere I don't know. The feel is so different from anything doxx posts. For obvious reasons of course. It's another spin on it.

Do you mind if I have a fiddle with the first?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back