What's new

Lake/Mote area in DisneyLand

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 1, 2011
Messages
2,415
Reaction score
440
Location
Some Where In the Desert
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is not an HDR. It was a single image shot in RAW of the disneyland lake/mote area where they do Fantasmic. Post processing was done in photoshop and adjustments made where levels and sharpness and yellow desaturated a bit. Camera was set to vivid for this shot.

C and C


lake2g by VIPGraphX, on Flickr
 
...lake/mote area..

What mote? Why would Disneyland have a mote area? That sounds awful! Besides, there is dust everywhere.

Editing issues aside, I like the water. Everything else seems rather busy and my eyes are struggling to find a resting place in this image. Those steps seem like the main subject, but I'm just not sure. Is the sky naturally like that - white, then blue? Much of this image seems underexposed, also.
 
...lake/mote area..

What mote? Why would Disneyland have a mote area? That sounds awful! Besides, there is dust everywhere.

Editing issues aside, I like the water. Everything else seems rather busy and my eyes are struggling to find a resting place in this image. Those steps seem like the main subject, but I'm just not sure. Is the sky naturally like that - white, then blue? Much of this image seems underexposed, also.

I am not sure what to call this area so I decided to call it a few different things. Where is there dust?

Much of this image seems underexposed, also.

Why its nice to do HDR in situations like this to get more dynamic range.

Is the sky naturally like that - white, then blue?

When you have your camera in vivid it does make it vivid. The lighting of the sky was most likely not like that naturally in color but it did have a gradient from light to dark as the sun was setting. I am sure using vivid just intensified that.


Everything else seems rather busy and my eyes are struggling to find a resting place in this image. Those steps seem like the main subject, but I'm just not sure.


There really is not a specific subject but, rather just taken in the scenery as a whole as I did when I was there. With all the people getting ready for fantastimic it does make it very busy. As I looked around and walked up onto this eating area I thought to myself WOW this is cool. As I just kept looking all around at the buildings, water, stairs, and so on.


 
Sorry - I should have included the links:

mote versus moat
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom