Laptop Advice

I'll definetly play around with it, but my key worry I believe will be QC down the road. Overheating will be a concern,especially with moving around. I'd also have to see the screen to see if the monitor is good.

Retina display on macs are a real turn on...they are just so friggin expensive and get outdated so fast...faster than camera bodies!

What did I say? :eek-73:

They only get outdated if you continue following rumors and news. Otherwise, turn a blind eye and you'll never realize it (until you realize it and buy a new computer).

Thank you for the tips (lunch time here aswell!)

I've had a toshiba before and that really turned me away from toshibas...it just overheated and shut off so fast! Dell seems to be a huge name, so i'm not sure i wouldn't trust em...i just don't know too much about them. Will look on newegg reviews for more info.

How are the lenovos?

Ok, in general try to get a true intel processor. The AMD processors for laptops, at least the older models, generally had more problems with heat buildup particularly if you combined them with a higher end graphics card that also built up heat it would snowball quick - so avoid the HP DV series if at all possible.

I've had a Dell Studio 1749 for quite a while now, never had any issues. I've also owned both HP's and Lenovo's, they all seem to be pretty reliable. I do not, however, recommend dell desktops all that often.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back