What's new

Layered Hills and a Pastel Sunset

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
5,014
Reaction score
1,968
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some more photos from my time in the hill country. :)





 
Where did you take these? I like the first one. Second and third could have been stronger in composition.
 
1 and 3 are very nice. I really enjoy minimalism like this. In #2 I like the bluish hills, but not the foreground or pale sky.
 
layer the shades of each hill in 2 as you did in 1 and it might turn out ok...not sure, otherwise yeah...its a tosser.
 
Picture #1 is the class of the set. A strong composition, and the colors work well with it. Picture #2 just doesn't do anything for me. Picture #3 could be improved if you cropped out at least half the sky, and the foreground really needs a little more interest.
 
theambitiousstranger said:
They're nice, but seem a little too minimalistic imo the second especially is quite dull. Shots 1 and 3 would look like nice backgrounds to a shot with an engaging foreground.

The hills are the foreground, and the sky is the negative space...

That was the point...

Not to be rude, but why would I want some gaudy silhouette disturbing such continuous and patterned pathways...

I don't want the background competing with the foreground for interest in shots like this.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom