- Joined
- Mar 1, 2025
- Messages
- 427
- Reaction score
- 1,478
- Location
- Montana
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I love the pulse of seasonal wildlife. Each May I take a week or so when the Lazuli Buntings arrive
near my home in Montana. I have a spot 5 minutes from the house, and when the males
first arrive they are at eye level, singing and establishing territories. After a week or so,
they are mostly high in the cottonwood trees. This past May there was a field of
yellow canola flowers that served as the background.
These were close, so getting the entire bird in the frame was difficult.
I wish the perch was smaller on the first photo as it had better light and I clipped the tail.
And I wish I could have backed up on the second photo to give the bird more space in the frame, but I was in my portable blind.
near my home in Montana. I have a spot 5 minutes from the house, and when the males
first arrive they are at eye level, singing and establishing territories. After a week or so,
they are mostly high in the cottonwood trees. This past May there was a field of
yellow canola flowers that served as the background.
These were close, so getting the entire bird in the frame was difficult.
I wish the perch was smaller on the first photo as it had better light and I clipped the tail.
And I wish I could have backed up on the second photo to give the bird more space in the frame, but I was in my portable blind.
