Learning curve

Newtricks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Until roughly three weeks ago I shoot film (mostly Ilford FP4+ & Pan F+), Minolta X-700 & 200mm f/4.5 lens was my rig of choice. With digital I get manual, shutter priority and aperture priority, it's white balance and adjusting the camera to see the way I do that are giving hell. Read the manual so many times, pages are falling out & I have to refer to it nearly every time I want to change settings other than ISO, F stop or aperture. It was easier learning to use the Kodak Retina my mom gave me when I was ten years old.

Feel like I need a crash course in digital photography.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks Anthony

Well you are much smarter than most knowing how to shoot film. Actually I think that's the problem because it's very easy to do. Depending on what you are shooting, you can simply leave the white balance alone and make that adjustment in post production. If you absolutely feel the need to make the adjustment in camera then get a gray card and look up how to set the white balance off that. Most dslr's are very easy to set. You can find a video on your camera in two seconds explaining this method . Good luck .

Most reactions

Back