legal forms?

stephiwoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im thinking of starting something here at home for highschool students whos families cant afford to hire a professional photographer, so that they can atleast get a picture in the senior year book for a very low cost($75.00), but I need to know where to start first. do I need to have a license? if so do I need to have any disclamers legal documents?

Business license, tax ID#, liability insurance (expensive!), forms, ...and the part that always messed me up - a spotless house for clients to come into (if you shoot at home - I like shooting at a local botanical gardens).

well, it'll cost you allright, but only if you don't have a firm already. in that case you could just bill it off as another kind of service. economically you could even get a tax exemption for it but i doubt it'll actually work :D

If you are making under a certain amount, you may not need a business license. (check with your state government to see what that amount is)

I have been doing the same thing, offering cheap photos for homecoming/prom couples, along with cheap senior photos. I offer them as a service, and I make less than the amount needed for a business license, so I am currently in the clear.

Advertising has been by word of mouth so far.

However, due to the popularity, I am now coming up with a business plan/getting ready to fill out all the required paperwork to go into business.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back