Lens compatibility: Dine macro on dSLR

Switters73

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a question. I'm relatively new to photography. My Dad gave me his Nikon N6000 body and Lester Dine 105mm, f2.8, 1:1 Macro lens. I'm thinking about going digital and was wondering if the Dine lens would work on a dSLR. Thank you very much for your time. Take care.

Todd

if the lens is for a nikon F mount (im assuming it is) then it will work with almost every new nikon dSLR, but if the lens is full manual, you will not be able to use the light meeter in the camera, which basically means you have to eyeball your settings or buy a light meeter

this whole week i have been shooting with a 20 year old 28mm f 2.8 on my D40 and have been getting some pretty cool images

good luck!

if the lens is for a nikon F mount (im assuming it is) then it will work with almost every new nikon dSLR, but if the lens is full manual, you will not be able to use the light meeter in the camera, which basically means you have to eyeball your settings or buy a light meeter

this whole week i have been shooting with a 20 year old 28mm f 2.8 on my D40 and have been getting some pretty cool images

good luck!

The d200, d300, d700, and d3 will all meter with non-cpu "full manual" lenses.

That lens is an excellent macro lens, and hence fetches a good price on the used market, you could probably sell it and buy whatever kit lens you want.

Thank you very much for your help. Take care.

Todd

Most reactions

New Topics

Back