Lens Hood Mount

ranmyaku

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jpgmag.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got a new 24-70mm f2.8 and the lens hood has a locking mechanism...which I really like. I also have the 105mm f2.8 macro lens and the 12-24 f4..both of which have lens hoods with no locking mechanism. They are also supposed to be 'pro' level lenses...what gives. I think Nikon should have this feature on all lenses with lens hoods.

I have the 12-24mm and getting ready to pull the trigger on the 105mm. Although the 12-24mm might not have the little thumb button, it still snaps into place quite efficiently.

I'm not sure of your grievence?

I'm not sure I get it either...

I'm a Canon guy, but a hood is a hood - right?

Not sure what you mean by "locking mechanism"...are these petal type hoods, or regular circular ones?

If they're the circular ones, it doesn't really matter if they spin...

I have the 12-24mm and getting ready to pull the trigger on the 105mm. Although the 12-24mm might not have the little thumb button, it still snaps into place quite efficiently.

The 12-24 does snap into place ok, but still it doesn't feel as secure as if it had the thumb button.

The 12-24 does snap into place ok, but still it doesn't feel as secure as if it had the thumb button.

I'm of the opposite thinking. I have the 28-70 which snaps into place, and the 70-200 with the thumb button. There has been more than one time where I've accidentally hit the button without knowing it, loosening the hood, and have had it fall off once.

Secure? just what do you do with your poor lenses. I am carrying the 18-200 around Europe in my backpack. It clips into place like every other hood but no locking button. Never once came off even when bouncing around in my bag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back