Let Me Introduce Myself...

K8-90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey

Pretty new to TPF, been here a few weeks, so I thought I'd introduce myself! My names Kate (K8 being my secretive form :D ). I'm involved with art in many ways, but digital photography is the one I am most inclined to! I'm a photoshopper as well. I'm self taught. I've outgrown my P+S, and I'm working on getting a DSLR.

Here are a couple shots I've dug up. most of them have been significantly enhanced in PS. I think I end up doing that because I'm a little frusterated with my P+S and the creative restrictions...

(Some are from my 5MP Canon Powershot, and some from the most craptastic 3MP Kodak *shudder*)

C&C is welcome, but I'd prefer not to be attacked...:mrgreen:
1. My Sister
Kate-Manip.jpg

2. Into equine photography...
Horse.jpg

3. Bruce Peninsula, Ont
BrucePeninsula.jpg

4. The best cat ever...Mutt (aka Fat One)
IMG_35752.jpg

5. A B&W
crowdBW.jpg

nothing wrong with editing. an slr just lets you do a better job. for instance, if you start shooting RAW pictures you have to do ALL the editing. no auto white balance and so one, you add all the refinements later.

The one of the water is probably my favorite.

Just a little suggestion as far as posting.. be sure to number your pictures when posting them.. It makes it easier for people to say what # they like.

#2 and 5 are my favorites :thumbup:

cool effect in the first one too :]

Ooo, ooo, ooo....Take the horse picture, add some mist and a single horn coming out of it's head and and you've got a great unicorn shot! Would a rainbow be too much?

Seriously, nice pictures.

Last one is my favorite, but I dig #1 too!

K I'm gonna attack you now, that first one made me dizzy,,, nice work Kate, i love the shot of that horse as well

Yay! Thanks guys, glad you liked them!

(I added numbers, to make commenting easier)

#5 is awesome. I think you'll do yourself good to get an SLR.

Thanks!

I actually submitted that last shot to a photo contest, and got honorable mention. Not bad - but painfully close to winning a fully-loaded Mac!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back