Let the Learning Begin Anew

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The new K1 Mark II showed up yesterday afternoon late. Honeydew projects kept me to busy to try anything other than unpacking and things and charging the battery Friday night. Now today for most of the day, have been involved with Fire Dept function, tomorrow family dinner, and Monday -Wednesday two of our grandsons, will be here. :BangHead: Killing me. At least on the positive side the curve shouldn't be so bad as most of the controls/menus/buttons function like the K3ii.
Initial random testing last night with the ISO showed usable images up to 51200, maybe at 102400, noisy 204800, pretty noisy at 409600, and very noisy at 819200.

Last edited:
Had a quick go yesterday evening with a daisy. A get acquainted with the camera type of shot.
Daisy01072018_179.jpg

Nice. Pentax rocks.

Hope so, lot of pennies saved for it. One thing I'm anxious to try is the hand held Pixel Shift, but I have some study to do before I understand the new settings for same. So far I'm pleased with HD/DFA 28-105 lens as well.

819200.. Are you serious...omg

819200.. Are you serious...omg

Yup, and that's native, not extended. I will admit there's a lot of noise at that level, but it's an image. Haven't had a chance to really test out the limits yet

Most reactions

Back