Leuty Lifeguard station Surise.... revisted

megapaws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to improve on my sunrise photography. What is the secret in getting truly crisp shots with proper exposure? Is HDR the only way to achieve that? Here are my most recent attempts. C&C always appreciated.

IMG_1571a.jpg

IMG_1588a.jpg

IMG_1591a.jpg

4 - good morning from the beach :)
IMG_1620a.jpg

Thanks for looking. Suzanne

I like three the best. To correctly expose the forground and sunrise you could use a gradient filter or take two exposers of the same scene one for the forground and one for the background, maybe anther for the middle ground and blend them together in photoshop using layer masks, if you have CS2 the HDR function would be nice but if you only have PS you can achieve similar results using layer masks.

great shots

I think I need to put a gradient filter onto my own Christmas list, too (along with the 50mm prime lens, the new polar... sniff-sniff, cry-cry :cry:, the external flash with reflector, a sturdier tripod and and and).

For that sounds like it could do the trick for those who are not too versed with creating HDRs or whose PS version still does not allow for it (other than in huge, complicated steps that I just do not understand :roll: ).

But ... these sunrise photos are good! They are just GOOD!

And the last is soooooo funny :lol:

Thanks everyone. D-50, I really appreciate the tips. Will have to try again. LaFoto, that's quite the extensive XMAS list.... good luck :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back