LF Here I Come!

Thanks for the lesson Max, it's appreciated.

I'm assuming that these types of cameras are used primarily in studios because of their bulkiness to carry around. And in the old movies with a hand held exploding flash. Almost back during my time......:lmao:

Good shooting with it....! :thumbup:

Depends on what kind of film you shoot with. You can use either standard film holders, which each hold one sheet of film, or you can use Fuji Quickloads or Kodak Readyloads, which are more expensive but hold multiple sheets and come pre-loaded for you. Otherwise, you buy a box of film and load the holders yourself in the dark. The whole shutter assembly, like I said earlier, is at the front, integrated into the lens....so your cable release/flash cable attaches there.

PNA:

This type is a monorail, and it's used primarily for studio work, which is mostly what i'll be using it for. Compared to other 4x5's it's a bit heavy, but at 8 lbs or so, it's not so bad that I can't take it out into the field. I'm still a young guy.

maxbloom? any benefits?

as opposed to a view camera, which is more compact and lightweight.

Monorail:
Toyo-View-45C_90.jpg

View Camera:
unb1.jpg

Monorails are sturdier, and tend to have more "movements," i.e. tilt/swing and the like. View cameras are lighter weight and more portable, but lack a lot of movements.

i would have thought a view camera woudl be sturdier because of two rails, but i guess i was wrong... lol,

[/pointlesscomment]

lol. Monorail cameras, like I said, are usually heavier, so they're sturdier.

@PNA: I'm still "whating for some" camera. I just bought it half an hour ago.

lol. is there a track or something in the monorail to prevent the front from rotating on the shaft?

Yeah there's a groove in the rail, idiot (this is me being celebratorily drunk and joking with you). That keeps the camera from spinning around the rail like Inside-Out Boy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back