Light Meters

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just started shooting film again, don't know why but I enjoy it. Soo, I took my F2, 50mm f/1.4 AI-s
lens and shooting at f/8, ASA(ISO)400. Did the same with my F3, and FM. Set up my D3500 to duplicate the same with a 50mm AFS lens. Used the D3500 readings as constant, looking to compare old and new. Results? All 3 older cameras were either dead match or (estimated) half a stop off. The built in latitude of film should take care of that. Anyway, it was fun and informative. Think I'll fire up my old Luna Pro!!

Nice! Film is an addiction and a way of life for me, and an expensive way of life for all of us. :allteeth: It's not getting any cheaper but it is so much fun. I may have to compare my film meter to my digital camera. That is an interesting idea. Maybe even buy an external hand held meter and compare all three. Glad that you are having fun. Thanks for the information. Awesome post =]

You live in the same type of climate as I do--headed for 115F today! It makes film do crazy things!
Thanks for reading!

DSC_0692_zps692151a1.jpg

I've never used one to be honest not even back in the 80's when I started on film.

Just started shooting film again, don't know why but I enjoy it. Soo, I took my F2, 50mm f/1.4 AI-s
lens and shooting at f/8, ASA(ISO)400. Did the same with my F3, and FM. Set up my D3500 to duplicate the same with a 50mm AFS lens. Used the D3500 readings as constant, looking to compare old and new. Results? All 3 older cameras were either dead match or (estimated) half a stop off. The built in latitude of film should take care of that. Anyway, it was fun and informative. Think I'll fire up my old Luna Pro!!

I did the same with my F3HP and it did the same. I did it as a test but shutter speeds on old film cameras often need service.

My F2 was serviced by Sover Wong it's my go to. I sunny 16 it and been very happy with it. I just got a DP-1 from him and I was surprised how good I have got at sunny 16. I was spot on in my choice almost every time. So much for spending the money on a rebuilt prism.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back