Lighthouse Silhouette

bishopsmead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
adamclutterbuck.com
40719292.jpg

I think a tighter crop would look better - there's not much going on in the sky to merit its inclusiong

I wonder - does anyone agree with me that the negative space here adds to the photo? - I don't mean to be argumentative, but that was my thrust with the crop (or lack of)...

hmmm i'd like to see a version cropped. i usually like strange crops, but this distracts me quite a bit. maybe if i didnt have to scroll up at down to see all of it.

Just a little bit tighter crop from where the color graduation starts down.

Keep it slender and tall though if you would crop. It lends itself to the slender tall lighthouse.

bishopsmead said:
I wonder - does anyone agree with me that the negative space here adds to the photo? - I don't mean to be argumentative, but that was my thrust with the crop (or lack of)...

Oh, absolutely! In fact, without it, I suspect there'd be no photo. I do however wish the lighthouse was a bit off-center. But look at that sky! I think I'd rather loose the lighthouse than any of that sky. IMHO

-Pete

It might have more impact if you had the lighthouse off-center a bit.

The sky and water look gorgeous, though!

bishopsmead said:
i agree entirely, great silhouette..

Most reactions

Back