Lightning Storm in Las Vegas.... C+C.

mrpink

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got back from a few days in Las Vegas. Most of my shots sucked due me being drunk 99% of the time. I did however, get this shot on our last night there. It was taken from my hotel room, 54th floor of the PH Towers (Planet Hollywood). Obviously it was shot through what I assume is a triple plane sheet of glass. I did not bring my tripod so I had to improvise, a suit case and rest the hood of the lens on the glass worked just fine. Luckily I had my IR remote.

800 frames later......

DSC_5859-2ww by Matt Francosky, on Flickr

it was shot at 17mm: f/5.6: 2.5s with my D90 with Nikkor 17-55 2.8.

Let me know what you think. I cropped out a lot of the bottom due to the unsightly parking garage (lower right frame). I also trimmed a fair bit of sky.

p!nK

Blew me away! Way awesome!!!!

There should be a law against shooting while intoxicated.

I'd venture to say this is my favorite photo I've ever seen since being a member here.

Wow.
:thumbup:

Couple PM's on "how did you meter that lighting shot".... I simply set the D90 to matrix meter mode and set my exposure compensation to -1. This setup worked in this situation but may need to be adjusted for other conditions. Trial and error is probably the best method, just hope you are dialed in when the big strike happens. Thanks for the compliments, I am going to be ordering 5 prints of this shot, one for each of my friends that went on the trip with me. Any suggestions or media and printer? I was thinking a borderless metal print....p!nK

Awesome shot. I wish i will one day be able to do some of that.

Most reactions

Back