Lightning

royalWITHcheese2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottchamberland.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are the first shots I've taken of lightning, so let me know what you think.

Chamberland_080604_1163.jpg

Chamberland_080604_1172.jpg

These seem a little snapshotish. I know you can't make lighting wait for the right composition, but the houses really kill the image. Mebbe get (safely) higher up?

As far as capturing lightning great job. I'm sorry but the pictures themselves are rather snap shotish like saltface had said. Is there a way to have gone to a better place? Also looking at the first one I can see some pretty bad compression in the clouds.

I agree with everyone else about the snapshot like images, but the lightning in the second photo is dead on! Great job.

Take the first shot and kill the lights from the windows and kill the street. Because these are lit, your eyes are immediately drawn to them instead of the lighting. This will put the houses into silhouette mode and your eyes won't be focused on them. Next increase contrast and brightness to make the lightning pop out a bit more. Dodge the sky a little to knock it down a stop, crop in a bit tighter and I think you'll have a pretty good shot.

Most reactions

Back