Lightning

Lars Leber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larsleber.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally, I was able to get some good lightning photos this year ..

IMG_3320_800.jpg

IMG_3348_800.jpg

I took this one just a few minutes earlier ..

IMG_3313_800.jpg

Both the lightning shots are fantastic, the intensity of the second shot is awsome.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Deano

did you just use bulb with a high fstop on a tripod? Open, wait, and then close the shutter after the bolt?
sick shots BTW

Thank you. :)

did you just use bulb with a high fstop on a tripod? Open, wait, and then close the shutter after the bolt?
sick shots BTW

I used ISO200, f/8 (or maybe f/5.6) and 5-second exposures most of the time. I was actually pretty lazy .. set my camera to continuous mode and locked the shutter button on my remote so that the camera does all the work. :mrgreen:

Great shots, is the last one an HDR pic?

Shame we don't get many storms over here, I'd love to photograph lightening.

I especially like the 2nd picture, the lightening fork looks as if it's hitting that house in the background!

damn those are some great shots, i love the first one!

You, sir, are amazing... :D

I'm a sucker for lightning shots, I've got two of my own now, too. I wish they were as nice as these though. We haven't had any rain at all for about 2 weeks now...

Thank you. :)

I used ISO200, f/8 (or maybe f/5.6) and 5-second exposures most of the time. I was actually pretty lazy .. set my camera to continuous mode and locked the shutter button on my remote so that the camera does all the work. :mrgreen:

Good catch(es) Lars. I've had much luck with ISO 100 @ f/16 and 30 second shutter.

Leaves the window of opportunity open longer, albeit a night time exposure. But multiple lightning strikes on a single frame are impressive.

Most reactions

Back