Lightroom export

JR.Foto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there! [emoji4]
I recently did a prom session, and after saving my image through Lightroom my output sharpening is not the same once upload to web. I have attached an image of my export setting and also an example of the image that was uploaded. Any suggestions? Thank you!
IMG_7948.JPG
IMG_7949.JPG
IMG_7950.JPG
IMG_7948.JPG
IMG_1001.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the file on the hard drive cleaner than the web copy?
What platform on the web are you using and are you exporting the files in the size native to the web platform?
Some platforms such as Facebook have terrible compression algorithms that will kill any sharpness that was there.

Is the file on the hard drive cleaner than the web copy?
What platform on the web are you using and are you exporting the files in the size native to the web platform?
Some platforms such as Facebook have terrible compression algorithms that will kill any sharpness that was there.

Hi thank you for replying- yes there’s a difference in clarity/ sharpness in Lightroom compared to when it’s uploaded to Facebook & instagram.

Those platforms usually apply heavy compression (and sometimes resize) to reduce the bandwidth of their servers. I usually don´t apply any compression when exporting from Lightroom and upload the 100% quality (not 100% size). Because otherwise they compress it twice and that will result in even worse quality (IMO) ;).

Hi thank you for replying- yes there’s a difference in clarity/ sharpness in Lightroom compared to when it’s uploaded to Facebook & instagram.
You need to upload in the native largest format for the platform you are using.
Instagram, long side is 1080. Anything larger will be crushed by their algorithm.
Facebook's optimum image size is 1,200 x 630. Anything larger will again be degraded by the compression.

Those platforms usually apply heavy compression (and sometimes resize) to reduce the bandwidth of their servers. I usually don´t apply any compression when exporting from Lightroom and upload the 100% quality (not 100% size). Because otherwise they compress it twice and that will result in even worse quality (IMO) ;).

Thank you I will try that and let you know how it worked

You need to upload in the native largest format for the platform you are using.
Instagram, long side is 1080. Anything larger will be crushed by their algorithm.
Facebook's optimum image size is 1,200 x 630. Anything larger will again be degraded by the compression.

Thank you for your response![emoji5] I’ll give it a try

Most reactions

New Topics

Back