Like? Or Loath?

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As in my previous post, I have the opportunity to play with the lights with a mate of mine. I also like playing in Photoshop! :)

Here is Andy again, but this time with some playin' in t'shop and with some FX Pro stuff thrown in. What do you make of this?

Andy Bizby Mono full texture by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Don't want to put pre-conceived ideas in people's heads, but I thought it was starting to look a bit "Dragan"....but I might be wrong! :)

Like!
I want to see different styles. A slightly darker background may have helped separate the subject but otherwise great shot.

I like, it's neat, but I think there's too much grain (?) in his face as compared to his hand.

IMO, the skin tones in both areas need to be somewhat similar, otherwise his face (his cheek in particular) looks overly sandpaper-like.

That background is simply dreadfully distracting...Ugh!!! The lighting on him though, not too bad, and the way the image has been processed makes for an interesting and visually "eye-catching" photo. Did I mention that I loathe the background??? Oh, yeah, well, if I did not, I like almost everything about this photo-except the backdrop....

I like, it's neat, but I think there's too much grain (?) in his face as compared to his hand.

IMO, the skin tones in both areas need to be somewhat similar, otherwise his face (his cheek in particular) looks overly sandpaper-like.

Yes, I need to get more selective in my processing, restricting the effects on some areas, and so on.
Thanks

That background is simply dreadfully distracting...Ugh!!! The lighting on him though, not too bad, and the way the image has been processed makes for an interesting and visually "eye-catching" photo. Did I mention that I loathe the background??? Oh, yeah, well, if I did not, I like almost everything about this photo-except the backdrop....

You might have mentioned it once or twice, about the background. :)
I need to look and see what else can be used for a BG...and also have a few ideas now about blowing the background, or shooting so it's less apparent.
As a stop gap, I did process it like this:

Andy Bizby Mono full texture 1a by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Better?

Definitely MUCH better without the busy background. Composure is good, subject pose ids good and the lighting is good. Keep up the good work :)

Definitely MUCH better without the busy background. Composure is good, subject pose ids good and the lighting is good. Keep up the good work :)

Thanks. Glad I managed decent lights etc...not had much experience. Itching to get back there and do some more. Good really, because Andy in the picture is keen to learn and has the keys to the hall. :) Finally a place to do some studio stuff! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back