Lilac Heart

jajomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its been awhile since I posted..you know life gets in the way sometimes...well I'm glad I got a some shots of my lilac bush before the snow came again..yes it snowed last night in PA. Let me know what you think and CC always welcome.

Orginal
outside033-1.jpg

My Edit
heartoflilac.jpg

Thanks for the input both of you.... I did a selective coloring collection for my 8 year old god-daughter's room ..she has pink walls so we did them in 4x6 with heavy white frames with black mat. I know many people hate that kind of stuff but it looked really nice in her room. Cheesy is the key to decorating at her age..lol :)

liliacheartpink.jpg

liliacheartblue.jpg

lilacheartorginal.jpg

This is a good example of why it's good to think about composition before you take the shot. Because you shot the subject dead center, you are rather backed into a corner, and limited as to how you can change the composition. You edit is awkward, because the branches give you a visual cue to which way is up. The edit looks off. It is also fairly under exposed. The new crop is a little odd too, because it is approaching that "too close to a square" aspect ratio.

I played around a bit.

Heart.jpg

Thanks for the edit Bitter...I see what you are saying now that I see your edit. I was laying on the ground taking the photo..and honestly I did think to myself I'll just edit in PP. That is something I'll have to work on..to get it right in the shot not just rely on editing. Thanks again.

Getting it right is one thing, leaving yourself room for cropping is another.

On something cool like this, that won't be there for long, you should take several pictures. Both horizontal and vertical. It just gives you more options, and less chance of backing yourself into a corner.

Really neat find, though.

Heart2.jpg

This is why I like this forum..people aren't afraid to "play"..thanks Bitter!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back