Lily Love Second Bud Bloom

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a beautiful flower. I was surprised the second bud opened up this morning as it was tight. I could have time lapsed it but was ignorant. I literally came down the basement, feed the cat, looked at it and noticed the bud was closed but a little puffier. Went upstairs to make coffee, got dressed, came back down and it was open. So, like 5 to 10 minutes.

Fujifilm XT2, 60mm f2.4 macro. 1 sec @ f/11 ISO 100. I hand held a small but powerful, 300 lumen LED flashlight at it. Manual focus, tripod, old fashion shutter release. SOOC. L 1:1, Velvia Simulation. Slight crop in camera. I couldn't touch it in post if you held a gun to my head...

Lilybud2.jpg

Last edited:
You have a garden in the basement?
Lol. No silly. I stopped by a florist on the way home, went into their cooler and hand picked two Lily. A pink one and a white one.

Any good?

I thought you were traveling to botanical gardens for this stuff. I didn't know you were shooting in the privacy of your own basement.

Of course it is good, better than good ... 'glorious' is a good description and title actually, especially if viewed on a large scale, (at least a 11x14). I'd dodge out the stigma just a touch, my eye wants it closer to the color/density of the white petals in the background and I would center the pistil, (but then you're cropping into the far left anther ... tough call).

I thought you were traveling to botanical gardens for this stuff. I didn't know you were shooting in the privacy of your own basement.

Of course it is good, better than good ... 'glorious' is a good description and title actually, especially if viewed on a large scale, (at least a 11x14). I'd dodge out the stigma just a touch, my eye wants it closer to the color/density of the white petals in the background and I would center the pistil, (but then you're cropping into the far left anther ... tough call).
Thanks. I will Dodge it, if I print it. First time using the XT2 in the basement. What a wonderful camera to use in this manner. I am seriously considering bringing a tripod to Florida and leave it in my condo. That focus peak feature is off the charts on a tripod.

Ok @jcdeboever STOP IT RIGHT NOW YOU'RE JUST SHOWING OFF!!!! LOL Just kidding, show off all you want, this is really good.

Ok @jcdeboever STOP IT RIGHT NOW YOU'RE JUST SHOWING OFF!!!! LOL Just kidding, show off all you want, this is really good.

Lol, hey I've been taught here so if I suck, it's your fault. Thanks bud

Looks quite good.

Thanks bud. Appreciate it. Oh, I looked at this image on the big Mac Pro machine (big Apple monitor 30" I think) today at one of my customers. Holy crap did that look flippin awesome on his screen. He said, you did that? I said yes sir. He said Holy Crap! He want's me to take a portrait of him and his wife. He said he recently did and was very disappointed considering the cost. He said the photographer made a bunch of excuses. He showed me and man, I have seen better portraits from my cell phone. I told him I would come to him next time in area and give him plenty of notice. I told him pay me what you think is fair or don't pay me, makes no difference to me. He is a real good customer.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back